The MMT Symposium will be held in Guimarães - Portugal, June 26-28, 2024, to celebrate the 60 years since the foundation of the Mechanism and Machine Theory journal. The symposium will be an in-person meeting, will feature several keynote speeches, round tables, oral and poster presentations covering the most recent developments and advances in the vast spectrum of areas covered by Mechanism and Machine Theory journal. The main purpose of the MMT Symposium is to join researchers in the general field of mechanism and machine science to exchange their results, and to discuss future directions.
The basic characteristics of the symposium are as follows:
- Authors are invited to submit a two-pages abstract to be reviewed.
- Authors will be invited to extend their works and to submit them to MMT journal for a regular review process.
- A Special Issue will be organized to celebrate 60 years since the journal's foundation.
- Computational kinematics
- Control issues of mechanical systems
- Dynamics of rotating machinery
- Engines and powertrains
- Gears and transmissions
- History of mechanism and machine science
- Mechanics of robots and manipulators
- Mechanism design
- Multibody dynamics
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical kinematics