SIOMMS is a competition to challenge the student skill levels and also to promote engineering interest in MMS. It was founded in 2009 in order to:
- create an IFToMM event fully dedicated to students
- attract young collegues to IFToMM and MMS
- promote visibility of IFToMM among young generations
- stress the significance of MMS with the interests and fields.
The event is held every two years. The last event was in 2018, and in this event SIOMMS 2020 was approved to be held in Bauman Technical University of Moscow, in Russia. In 2019 the event was move to Izhevsk State Technical University and finally after the difficult circumstances of the last two years, it has been decided not to postpone this competition and to hold it in Spain.
- Structural analysis and synthesis of mechanisms
- Kinematics of flat mechanisms
- Force analysis of mechanisms
- Kinematic analysis of cam mechanisms
- Gearings (kinematics, geometry, efficiency)
- Adjustment of dynamic characteristics, mechanical governors
- Balancing of rotating masses